Glen Lake sets meeting dates, names banks, more
A series of “routine” business was conducted Monday by the Glen Lake Board of Education as part of its consent agenda.
The agenda combines a number of routine items previously discussed for a collective vote to approve all of them.
The board approved the consent agenda that included the following items:
• Set the day, time and place of the regular monthly board meeting for 7:30 p.m. the second Monday of each month in the high school media center with the exception of January when the board will meet Jan. 7 due to a schedule conflict,
• Designated Huntington Bank for bond and debt service, scholarship trusts and investments and general fund investments.
• Designated State Savings Bank for general fund, athletics, food service, concessions, high school activity, sinking fund, timber management and debt retirement and the Michigan Liquid Asset Fund for state aid deposits and investments. Chase Bank was awarded the elementary activity account.
• Took action to comply with tightened audit regulations that require two signers on all checks. By having four or more signers on the accounts, there will hopefully be two signatories available to sign when needed.
• Assigned Jeannie Peacock, human resources manager and assistant to the superintendent, the task of posting all meeting notices for the 2012- 13 school year. Peacock will also be responsible for election duties during the 2012-13 school year.
• Approved annual retainers for the Thrun Law firm, which represents most state schools in education law matters, and Brustein and Manasevit for Impact Aid related advice.